The reliability of your machine and automated equipment begins with a reliable battery. You need to have confidence that your battery will start your equipment every time, even in the most adverse environments and extreme temperatures. The best way to assure your commercial equipment will start is to install Cat Heavy Duty (HD), Cat General Duty (GD) or Stationary batteries that are manufactured to Caterpillar's high quality standards.
HEAVY DUTY (HD) BATTERIES
Cat Heavy Duty (HD) batteries are used in all Cat machines. With equipment operating in rough terrain, a battery must withstand extreme vibration. That’s why Cat HD batteries pass an exclusive 100-hour vibration resistance test, while competitive batteries meet either an 18 or 36 hour standard.
CAT HD BATTERIES EXCEED INDUSTRY STANDARDS IN ALL FIVE OF THE FOLLOWING STRINGENT TESTS:
- 100 hour vibration test
- 72 hour deep discharge/recharge cycle test
- 30 day complete discharge test
- Heavy-duty life cycle test
- Cold soak test
3-5X INDUSTRY STANDARD IN 100-HR VIBRATION TEST
Most other competing battery brands do not apply such demanding standards, or go through some of these rigorous tests. Maybe that's why Cat HD batteries are the highest-rated batteries in cold cranking amps (CCA) and reserve capacity available. We invest more time and resources to deliver the best battery possible to you - our valued customer. The end-result is a battery that lasts three times longer than other "competitive batteries."
GENERAL DUTY (GD) BATTERIES
LIGHT-DUTY, COMMERCIAL, AUTOMOTIVE AND RV BATTERIES
To meet your battery needs for light-duty commercial applications, Cat General Duty (GD) batteries are competitively priced and deliver outstanding value and performance. Browse through our large selection of 6 Volt, 8V, and 12V Cat GD batteries for the battery that best meets your needs.
6 VOLT, 8 VOLT, AND 12 VOLT BATTERIES FOR:
- Riding Mowers, Lawn Tractors and Gardening Tractors
- Light Trucks (Including but not limited to Minivans, SUV's, Pick-Up Trucks and Tow Trucks)
- Emergency Lights
LONG LIFE POWER SUPPLY BATTERIES
Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) batteries are critical to the proper operation of your back-up power supply. That' s why Cat Stationary Batteries are designed to provide power instantly in order to protect your sensitive computer and manufacturing equipment against possible damage from surges or dips in voltage or current. Our Stationary batteries can power essential hospital or mission critical loads during a power outage. They help assure that your power generators are compliant to meet NFPA 110 standards.
Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) technology is at the core of our batteries. Puncture resistant glass mat separators absorb all the electrolyte, which lowers internal resistance and results in effective high-rate, short-term power. This protects against shorts and failures. Cat Stationary batteries provide the best possible power capacity and cell consistency, with long-lasting reliability.
Cat Stationary batteries have several design elements that also contribute to long life:
- More substantial plates are pasted from both sides to increase durability.
- Epoxy seal posts create a secure barrier that keeps acid inside, limiting corrosion and extending battery life.
- The reinforced polypropylene case and cover are heat sealed and factory tested for added durability and long-life performance.
- The result is a Stationary battery with a 10-year design life. The Cat Stationary battery goes through more than 250 quality control checks and tests to assure accurate capacity ratings that are required for your standby power systems. When you need a battery that provides high-rate short term power instantly Cat Stationary batteries provide peace of mind and value - year after year.